This is a recipe that will delight your Follicular phase tastebuds. Especially cozy for the early Follicular phase and menstruation.
What is it good for?
Oats are a wholegrain complex carbohydrate beneficial for …
- regulating bowel movement (thanks to their fiber content)
- Important for excess estrogen clearance (which contributes to PMS)
- Regulating blood sugar to reduce premenstrual sugar cravings
Cinnamon is a spice beneficial for …
- Reducing inflammation in the body - helpful to reduce cramping and pain (dysmenorrhoea)
- Stabilises blood sugar (known as the 'anti-diabetic’ spice) to reduce crashes in energy, and long term risk of developing insulin sensitivity/resistance, common in those with PCOS.
- Energetically a warming spice, helpful to enhance the ‘qi’ (life force), by improving circulation, helpful for those with bloating, cold extremities, lack of energy, fluid retention.
Banana was really chosen for its sweet flavour, gooey texture and as a binding agent! But high in B6 which is helpful in regulating hormones with those with PMS. Oh and potassium to help with fluid retention.
Recipe makes 8ish (6 days of therapeutic dose FOL blend so 1-2 / day- easily done!)
- 1c Oats
- 1 Large or 2 small ripe bananas , mashed
- 3/4 c FOL
- 1/2 c Dried fruit (dried blueberries, cranberries or goji)
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1/4 c Melted coconut oil
- 4 T Honey
- 1/4 c Oat/nut milk
- 1 t Vanilla essence
Directions (super simplified):
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC
- Mix dry ingredients and leave to one side
- Mash banana in a bowl and add wet ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture
- Scoop onto baking tray. Will make approximately 8-12 depending on size
- Bake at 180 for 12mins or until the edges go golden.
- Leave to rest on a cooling rack for 10 mins
Pour a cuppa and enjoy!